The award winning ASP.NET Documentation Tool code documentor creates comprehensive
technical documentation from Microsoft .NET Framework application source code.
Key features of the ASP.NET Documentation Tool:
- Documents all types of .NET application, including Windows Forms, Console
Applications, Class Libraries and ASP.NET web
- Automates the source code documentation process, saving both time and money.
- Supports .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0, both C# and VB.NET
programming languages supported.
- Special ASP.NET mode supports code behind files and extends
documentation to the following: master pages (.master), user controls (.ascx), web.config
- Produces documentation in HTML, HTML Help (includes alphabetical index and search
facilities) and plain text formats [view
- Documentation includes the project's colour coded, syntax highlighted, cross-referenced
and line numbered source code.
- Optionally extracts Visual Studio's XML comments from source code for
both VB.NET and C#.
- Documents Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, 2000, 2005 and Microsoft Access databases associated
- Easy to get up and running - includes Windows installer/uninstaller and full Windows
Graphical User Interface.
- Can be run via the Command Line and documentation builds scheduled using the Windows
- Ideal alternative to NDoc, which is no longer in active
development and does not support .NET 2.0.
- The ASP.NET Documentation Tool is in active development - support for .NET Framework 3.0
and 3.5 as well as Silverlight is currently in progress.