Toad for SQL Server is an award winning database productivity tool for SQL Server. Toad has a number of features, including:
- Comparing database schema as well as table data.
- Rolling back transactions.
- Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Performance tuning and enhancement abilities to increase database application performance.
- Execution of SQL scripts against multiple database instances.
- Version control of SQL entities, with support for popular source control applications including Visual Source Safe (VSS), CVS, and Subversion.
- Simplifies the management of multiple SQL Server installations.
- Database documentation capabilities, including schema viewing and ability to visualise large complex database structures.
As such, Toad is an essential database tool for medium to large enterprises that make extensive use of SQL Server.
Developers will appreciate useful aspects of Toad including T-SQL code autocompletion that resembles that offered in Visual Studio for programming languages like C#.
A wide range of support options are available. There is also an extensive community of Toad users who interact through the ToadWorld.com website.
Toad for SQL Server can be downloaded from the Quest website. Trial versions of Toad Xpert and Toad Development suite for SQL Server are available. A Professional version is also available - more details are available from Quest itself. Quest offers a number of implementation options if your organisation would like assistance with the deployment of Toad and other Quest products.
There are also versions of Toad available for MySQL, Sybase and DB2. Quest also have a number of other database management products available for SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL and Sybase.